cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Start a Discussion
ndejarn
Stagehand

Can’t transfer Taylor Swift mobile tics and paid the price

I’m a 1st time SH user and I listed a single Taylor Swift ticket for half price and quickly got a sale. Yay! Unfortunately, when I went to tranfer the mobile tic to the buyer, the option to sell/tranfer, which was available earlier, had been disabled. According to TicketMaster, either the venue or the artist did that to prevent scalping. As I could not fulfill the order/deliver tickets or change the delivery date to try and work on a solution, I felt my hands were tied. I reported immediately to SH and followed up, but sale got dropped/cancelled and I was charged MORE than I was selling the ticket for!! Now I’m out the full price of ticket plus another 50%+ with still no way to sell the ticket. Awesome. SH has not been sympathetic in any way, which I guess isn’t their job, but between them, TM and TS I’m less than impressed as a fan and will not be back. I would still like to get the ticket to the buyer as I felt horrible not being able to deliver, but I was given 24 hrs to make it happen or else. Wound up on the losing end of SH this round.
7 Comments
Cheesehead
Waterboy

Re: Can’t transfer Taylor Swift mobile tics and paid the price

I'm having the same problem.  Stubhub says use the transfer button on the Ticketmaster site.  I say it's not active, only the "send a link to text your tickets by text" is active.  If I try and text a link from Ticketmaster, the recipient clicks the link and is taken to my Ticketmaster login. 

For last week's show in Santa Ana, I ended up taking a screenshot of the QR codes and emailing those to Stubhub and they sent them to the buyer.  That way both of us were sure that the buyer would get them.

I know there is an email address for the buyer in the "You've sold your tickets" Stubhub email.  For last week's show, my buyer had a Yahoo email (which I thought might be a secondary email address).

I think I'll just send the QR codes to my buyer directly for tomorrow night's TS Rose Bowl show.

If they wanted to make it difficult to re-sell TS tickets, I think they've achieved their goal.

Moderator Moderator

That certainly isn't intended and we do apologize for any frustration there. We understand that the mobile transfer process can be a little challenging for certain events so we're always looking for ways to improve the process and we're always glad to accept the feedback on those pain-points. Also, we're always happy to reach out to the buyer on your behalf to assist with accepting the tickets if you notice that they haven't received or accepted them after a couple days.

Jenbarn76
Pit Crew

What happens in this situtation, if the venue suddenly changes the delivery?  Is every seller penalized? 

ticketmvp
Jockey

IMO, I will always list tickets as mobile PDF of QR codes vs ticket transfer. First, for some odd reason, not all shows allow transfers even though they sell mobile tickets. Plus, for some reason a lot of buyers take forever to accept ticket transfers. Any situation I can, I stay away from transfers. I would venture to guess within the next year or two no venue will sell print at home tickets any more at least on Ticketmaster. That seems to be the wave of the future before mobile tickets will be replaced by other scanning means.

ticketmvp
Jockey

Just look at how Swift and her management made Ticketmaster remove resale tickets for the first leg of her tour, https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8453562/taylor-swift-ticket-sales-resale-ticketmaster-re.... Maybe she shouldn't be playing in football stadiums and especially on multiple nights at these same venues. Smiley WinkSmiley LOL

Highlighted
DominicLarouche
Zamboni Driver

you have to 

- screen shot the ticket very clear 

- send this picture to your e-mail adress.

- up load this picture as a pdf on your desk top computer

- up load this tickets on your stubhub sale 

talk to me please 

ndejarn
Stagehand

My fear was the QR code would change and update for security reasons, and ther a static screenshot would therefore not work. ??