cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tgbook
Team Mascot
Answered! Go to solution

Cancelled Sale due to Selling on A Different Site

Someone please help. I had listed the selling of Timberwolves tickets on Stubhub as well as the normal Timberwolves selling site and they sold on the timberwolves site about 1 minute before selling on stubhub. I quickly cancelled the sale on stubhub within 5-10 minutes and saw that I was going to be charged 100% of the sale + the cost needed to provide the buyer the makeup tickets. This seemed very reasonable when I thought that the 100% portion would be reimburssed by the buyers original payment. Low and behold I was just charged the entire amount with no money coming from the buyer. That is ridiculous. Now I'm out $330 for nothing and very little impact on Stubhub. Imagine if these were $2000 tickets and I'd be then expected to just float $8000 in fees? Truly unacceptable and should be categorized as stealing.

Please help make this right Stubhub and retain my patronage. I have enjoyed buying and selling via stubhub and hope to still remain a customer, but this is quite over the line.

3 REPLIES 3
Bigbadtom
Jockey
Answered! Go to solution

Re: Cancelled Sale due to Selling on A Different Site

Never, never, never list tickets on multiple sites unless you have software to manage your ticket inventory. You are getting a valuable and expensive lesson. Always read the terms and conditions. It is spelled out quite plainly what the consequences are and you ignored them.
tgbook
Team Mascot
Answered! Go to solution

I read the terms, it was not clear in my estimation that I would not be receiving the normal payment from the buyer in the event of a cancelltion. I had to cancel another sale 3 or 4 years ago and the terms were similar and I still received the payment from the buyer. The fee basically acted as a way of me paying back what was already paid to me plus a reasonable fee (I believe it was 25% at the time). Not sure why this was not made more clear in the terms.

Melpik
Legend
Answered! Go to solution

Unfortunately it is clear.  As you are not able to deliver the tickets you will not be paid for the sale.  The penalty for not being able to produce the tickets is 100% of the value of the sale as stubhub has to find replacement tickets.

Community Log-In Changes May 1st
We are changing the way you register and sign-in to the StubHub Community. After the switch, you will enter the email address you use to access the community in order to reset your password. You will enter your community username and new password and done!

Read about the changes here