cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Waterboy

Refunds

I sold 4 Motley Crue tickets that is no being post poned until 2021. How do I know if my buyers want a refund? Ticketmaster will give me a refund if I get the tickets back, just not sure how this all works. I am a first timer. 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Headliner

Re: Refunds

Congratulations on your sale.

Your sale is valid and you will be paid on your sale 5-8 business days after the event.  DO NOT ask for a refund from Ticketmaster as then you will incur penalties which can run as high as 100% of your sale price.  As the event is rescheduled and not cancelled the buyer is not eligible for a refund from Stubhub.

Just remain patient and you will be paid next year after the event.

Highlighted
Stagehand

Doesn't that seem a bit ridiculous though? If StubHub is charging the buyer the sale price of the ticket at the time of purchase, why not payout the seller in a timely manner like you used to do? If the event is cancelled then just provide a credit to the StubHub site for future use. Seems to me that you are passing all the risk of the cancelled event to the seller instead of the business by making the seller wait over a year to recieve payment from their sale. 

Highlighted
Headliner

That was the old Stubhub policy until March - pay the seller until delivery.  But then when events got postponed and cancelled they decided to not have to worry about chasing down sellers and making sure there was a valid credit card on file.  Instead they are paying the seller after the event.  Hopefully, as the world returns to a more normal state and events are no longer being cancelled and/or postponed they will return to the old policy.

Highlighted
Stagehand

Right and I totally understand that policy if an event is happening soon. However, when an event is postponed until next year why hold onto payment until that time and instead either cancel all sales or pay the seller instead of holding onto the payment for over a year?

Highlighted
Team Mascot

I agree. I bought 4 tix from StubHub for the Stadium Tour - Citi Field that I can no longer use for 2021, If the orignal buyer can get his money back frrom TM, why not let him and save us all a headache?

Highlighted
Team Mascot

Are you saying that an event that is scheduled in 2021 is not eligible for payment until then? I was okay with one month or two, but a whole year? Who needs to be contacted to fight this?

Highlighted
Headliner

Your understanding is correct.  Stubhub's new policy is to pay sellers 5-8 business days AFTER the event.  So if the event is postponed until next September you will not be paid until then.