cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Waterboy

Selling mobile tickets from Ticketfly

I am trying to sell 4 tickets I purchased from Ticketfly. Ticketfly sent me the tickets in mobile format, but they do not have an option to transfer to somone else. The ticket format I recieved is .pkpass, not PDF, and I can't upload that format to StubHub. How do I sell mobile tickets from Ticketfly?

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Selling mobile tickets from Ticketfly

@memphis000 Thank you for reaching out! The only way you can sell mobile tickets on StubHub is via Mobile Transfer. If the transfer option is not available from the Primary, unfortunately, you would be able to sell those on our site. We are only allowing a few very selective sellers to fulfill with screenshot tickets, as more and more venues and agencies are moving toward rotating "barcode/QR codes". Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns! 

Zamboni Driver

The problem is that you allow mobile transfer of tickets like these on Ticketfly when there is no transfer possible. If tickets arent able to be transferred, it should never have been an option. I am selling similar tickets, mobile transfer should be available, but it's not. Ticketfly seems to let the venues choose and not inform the buyer until the tickets are already purchased.  Sounds like this is a big problem.

We do have teams that monitor events to ensure that transfers are possible and we will remind buyers of delays if the tickets aren't available for transfer until 24 before the event and will not penalize sellers for those delays. If there are events that you're listing that you're unable to transfer tickets for, you're welcome to contact any one of our moderators and we'll look further into those orders for you. 

Waterboy

I received my ticketfly tickets in both a barcode format - including the barcode numbers - in the text of the email as well as the .pkpass format. Am I able to simply sell by manually inputting the numbers? The listing process has not prompted me for this yet so I was concerned if it wasn't still an option?

@SRV0227 - If the event is one we're partnered on, then the option to enter the barcodes would be the only method available. If that isn't showing but other options are, you are welcome to list with those. However, you will want to make sure you can fulfill with the options we have. If you're not able to, unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to list for the event. 

Rookie

How are you supposed to sell Ticketfly tickets?

I've seen a few posts about this, but no definitive answer. Most of the tickets I buy in my city are from them and I have to assume there's some way since other people are listing them here.

But I can't "transfer" them through their website, and they don't provide a pdf only an email with pkpass attachments. 

Is there something I'm missing?

Re: How are you supposed to sell Ticketfly tickets?

@jonmlm - So sorry for any confusion. The methods that are shown within the listing form are the options sellers would have to be able to complete their sales. If the tickets you have can't be fulfilled using any of those methods, then you wouldn't be able to list your tickets as it could cause issues for you and the buyer.

However, we are going to have this investigated further with our fulfillment team to see what we figure so sellers are able to potentially list. 

Thank you for sharing your concerns here on StubHub Community! 

Zamboni Driver

@CameronJor anyone else - newb to Mobile Transfer here, but I was hoping this would work: I purchased tickets from Ticketfly and got an email from them with Subject "Your Mobile Tickets for <event/date/venue" and the body only contained barcodes for the 2 tickets. After selling the tickets as "Mobile Transfer" on Stubhub, doesn't the Buyer specify an email address and couldn't I therefore just forward them the email with the barcodes (removing email from/to info that usually gets added to Forwarded emails by default)? The body of the email the buyer receives from me would be identical to what Ticketfly emailed me. Wouldn't that work?

@sendmittens Thank you for reaching out! As a secondary marketplace, we can only support specific delivery methods/fulfillment processes that we are able to track in order to protect both our buyers and sellers. Having sellers personally email buyers puts both parties at risk and also violates our privacy policy. I understand what you are saying about having the buyer's email for a mobile transfer anyway, but there is no direct contact with a transfer transaction. Also with a mobile transfer, the seller has both the proof of transfer and is notified when those tickets are accepted, which is trackable. A situation like this would have the potential of causing a lot of issues for buyers and sellers and we just cannot support this type of delivery method. Hopefully, this helps! If you have additional questions or specifics to go over about your sale, feel free to send me a PM. Thanks!