cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EveryKindOfCat
New User

Feature request: notify when available

I'm interested in seeing a show that is sold out at the venue, and StubHub doesn't have any tickets (yet). My options seem to be (a) keep checking back, (b) see this band at another city, or (c) find another concert that might be of interest.

What if... there were another option? I think it would add value to StubHub, the Seller, and to me as a Buyer if, on the "No tickets... now what?" screen, you'd add a 'pill' button that says "Tell me when ticket(s) have been posted." You have all the data to do this, and it might not be that hard:

• WHEN a would-be Buyer clicks that button for Event <12345>, add that Buyer's email to a list.
  • WHEN a new ticket is uploaded for Event <12345>, send out an email to everyone on that list:
    • Subject: New ticket(s) available for Event <12345>
    • Body: Hey, StubHub here! We've just received some tickets for sale to Event <12345>, and you asked us to notify you if this were to happen. Tickets can go quickly, though, so act now! And add two links: Take me there and Thanks! You can stop notifying me now
  • And, two modifications that might be slightly harder to add but would probably improve it:
    • Add a time constraint, so the person doesn't get 72 emails a day
      Notify me... [. ] as soon as next tix are added [. ] once an hour when new tix are added [  ] once a day when new tix are added
    • Add a "Buy it automatically" option... let the would-be Buyer authorize you to just buy the ticket using a saved payment method, according to some criteria (price is between x and y), (seat location = balcony), whatever. {Basically, designate a StubHub bot to act as the Buyer's agent.) Add lots of caveats to say "This is an authorization to buy on your behalf. This is non-refundable. Please double-check your criteria," etc. Try not to get the lawyers too far out of hand.

Notify when available.png
3 REPLIES 3
TeamStubHub

Re: Feature request: notify when available

Thanks so much for the suggestions! We will pass this along to our development team. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

EveryKindOfCat
New User

Huh. In checking back on my mobile to see if tickets have become available, I see that there IS a notify-when-available feature on iOS, tho not on the web site itself (tho I’m logged in on both). I don’t know how the iOS version will handle multiple notifications, and I still think there’s value in a “just buy it for me if it costs less than $50” option, and I don’t know if I’ll be updated by text or by Notifications (which I may not have activated for the StubHub app)… but this is better than nothing, for sure!
TeamStubHub

Since the feature is a push notification feature, it wouldn't be available on the desktop site. We will definitely be sure to share your feedback though. We're always evaluating new ways to help fans get to events.

Community Log-In Changes May 1st
We are changing the way you register and sign-in to the StubHub Community. After the switch, you will enter the email address you use to access the community in order to reset your password. You will enter your community username and new password and done!

Read about the changes here