cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rookie

Stop iOS notifications for teams that aren't favorites

I went to a Red Sox game once in my life. Now Stubhub iOS app sends me push notifications for them all the time. They are not in my favorite teams/venues, they are just being suggested to me solely based on a previous purchase. 

Please give us the option to stop receiving Stubhub App push notifications for teams plucked from our purchase history, and forward this issue to your engineers (again.)

Note: this isn't emails, texts/SMS, or phone calls, I am aware there are communication preferences for those forms of notifications/communication. This issue is specific to iOS push notifications from the StubHub app. I am also aware I can turn off all notifications for StubHub, but I'd rather see this issue fixed so I can receive notifications for my actual interests.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Stop iOS notifications for teams that aren't favorites

From your original message, you asked "Please give us the option to stop receiving Stubhub App push notifications for teams plucked from our purchase history, and forward this issue to your engineers (again.)"

With that being said, will you please clarify on what you do not want to receive as we want to make sure that we are fully understanding your request?

Highlighted
Rookie

Sure, I'll try to clarify:

For push notifications from the StubHub app, do not send a notification for an event/team if it is not one of my favorited events/teams/venues.

The setting could be named "Only send push notifications for favorites".

Highlighted

Ahhh, you are seeking a sort of "Filter" option, correct? 

To be honest it is either all push notifications or none at all. We do not have a filter feature that will sort out which ones you prefer versus which ones you don't prefer at this time. We appreciate the feedback, though. 

Highlighted
Rookie

Yes, that seemed like the easiest solution to me.

The issue is you are using my purchase history to search upcoming events and send notifications, which in this case means I am getting notified every time a team that is 2500 miles away plays a baseball game.

I will turn off all notifications as that is my only choice now, and not ideal for your platform if all users make that choice.  I went through the trouble of making this topic to try to help make your app better, so hopefully this does in fact get forwarded to the product team.

Cheers.

Highlighted

We have definitely notified our team accordingly! Want to make sure that your voice is heard and we are escalating your concerns appropriately. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help! 

Highlighted
New User

I agree.. I travel for work and constantly get stubhub updates for teams that are not in my favorites.. Just becuase I purchase one ticket to a Rangers or Cardinals game in 2015 doesn't mean I want an updates.. 

Highlighted

Hey @NA_FAN! We're happy to help you out with this as well, we don't want you dealing with those emails if they aren't for teams that interest you 😕I'll private message you right now so I can take a look at your account!