cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Start a Discussion
Highlighted
hillkill
Umpire

The Value Meter is a JOKE!!! Top Seller SALES ARE AWFUL!

After 300k in sales for several years my sales have all but declined to the point where I'm about to give up with Stubhub. The Best value meter is a complete joke. Currently my tickets are in a lower row on complete opposites end zones than another seller with tickets 3 rows higher and his are a better value? Lets persuede sellers to not by tickets? What does Stubhub not get? Telling buyers that tickets are not a good deal sure doesnt seem like a condusive plan for the sellers who make your site run. Now sellers hold off even longer to buy because they can't find a "good value". Your site is flooded as it is. Every event has 1000 tickets to it the day of the event. Mass lowering of prices, constant babysitting of your listings, broken value meters, buggy site, enough! This site is being ran into the ground and Stubhub refuses to acknowledge sellers who complain about this meter constantly.

13 Comments
Moderator Moderator

Re: The Value Meter is a JOKE!!! Top Seller SALES ARE AWFUL!

Hey! Very sorry for any trouble or inconsistency's that has been going on with our value bar on listings. We certainly want to know if any of our processes are not working or might be lacking. Feedback like is greatly appreciated! I've sent this along for you to be reviewed and most definitely considered so that we can look at how we can improve. 

If you ever have any other suggestions or feedback, absolutely let us know! We value everyone's feedback when it comes to our site. Thank you.

hillkill
Umpire

I appreciate the reply. It needs to be scrapped. The whole thing needs to be done away with or at the least be  somewhat consistent. It has destroyed my sales and lead to wildly fluctuating pricing by other sellers trying to get the silly bar to read that its a good value. Sellers hate it and buyers can't even understand it. Value isnt determined by some silly computer numbers but by each individual considering purchasing tickets. To many factors in an ever changing supply/demand platform to even begin to use such nonsense.

TobiasStanley
Stagehand

I had a bit more success with the value meter but in far, far fewer sales.  I think seat rows can be deceiving.  I have tickets in Row 3 for football and if it's a big game you might end up trying to see over people who constantly stand at the rail at the walkway in front of Row 1 or have people walking back to their seats all the time.

hillkill
Umpire

It just doesnt make sense to even offer it. When I go to buy anything in life there isnt some kind of meter that tells me what I'm buying is a good value. Its so subjective that you can't have a 1 size fits all system. The problem is as a seller I don't feel its very fair to have Stubhub run buyers away from my tickets by telling them they are not a good value. Sales are slow enough as it is with a trillion sellers selling tickets to everything. The supply has outweighed the demand and Stubhub is only fueling the fire by turning buyers away.

100% agree with OP here. The value meter is not only completely misleading but it will change from one concert or game to the next when comparing exact same seats, sections, rows. It is clearly being manipulated to give the upper hand to the largest of the large sellers. While I understand rewarding your top tier producers it is wrong to do so by hurting the rest of your sellers and at the same time confusing the majority of your buyers.

NJ_LAD
New User

I have to agree 100% that the value meter is way off. I'm a first time user of stubhub. I listed my tickets for a concert at Well Fargo Center in Philly. I purchased these tickets directly from Wells Fargo at $295 per ticket. Premium seats & premium rate (section 124, row 2). I have them listed for sale at $339 per ticket, and the value being shown is a 3 out of 5. If they sell, after stubhub fees, I walk away with only a total of $10 profit. I'd say the value should be a 5 based on the face value of the tickets.
Moderator Moderator

We really appreciate this feedback as it helps us improve our site for users moving forward. Thank you!

CKSeatslink
Waterboy

Hi... I also agree in that the value meter only seems to rate according to general seating area and price; and does not take into account row, location within the row (for example center aisle), additonal features (such as club access), and quantity. I've listed seats on SH before that were CLEARLY superior to others in the same section but was given a lower rating simply because my list price was higher than those other tickets, some of which were 15 rows back and not in a good location within the row. The quantity issue also really bugs me because if I need three tickets, but see that a high value ticket is only for two seats, then it's NOT a good value for me. Point being, the algorhithms are sophisticated and robust enough to rate more accurately, based on all listing data, and not simply generally.

topcat
Stagehand

Kudos to you without getting into it ITS A JOKE