cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Start a Discussion
CBash
Rookie

Re: Unable to select multiple sections - anyone else having this issue?

I have been a loyal stubhub seller / customer since 2003 back when the company was brand new and the maps were easy to understand / use.  Selling and buying tickets used to be an easy and simple process.  I have seen stubhub do some stupid things to open the door to competition over the course of time from deleting everyones PDF files by accident to implementing all in one pricing to the new cloud based roll out.  In all cases, I raised issues prior to rolling out illogical from Chris Tsakalkis  to Scott Cutler directy an no one listened and it cost them their jobs as competitors saw a window and grabbed their share of the market.  I am sorry, but this new map is going to be icing on the cake.  Mark my words, my Vivid Seats sales almost double what I am now able to sell on stubhub and soon you guys will be third fiddle to Seat Geek.  As a customer, how am supposed to select my seats if I can not choose over multiple sections?  How am supposed to price my tickets as a seller????

Who makes these dumb decisions at stubhub I ask?  Even the customer service reps are scratching their heads on this.  Not one or two of them, but ALL of them when I talk to them on the phone.  Maybe you should hire someone in the actual ticket resale industry to head your strategy division.  Sorry for the venting, but it is shame to see what stubhub has become.  I am saying this as a long time user who is truly sad to see what I consider as my business parter fall deeper and deeper into the black.  

krv88
New User

I am posting here simply to increase the tally of opponents to this harebrained "feature". (I hope StubHub is attempting to keep some kind of hard statistic to gauge customer opinion on this).

It is mind boggling to me that this feature ever even made it past the first design meeting in which it was floated. This literally only subtracts selectablity options, and adds nothing. With the old multi-section selection feature, if some user preferred to only view seats in a single section (for whatever reason), this could be done easily...by...wait for it...only clicking one section. Who was it that thought, "Hey! Maybe users would like to only view one section at a time, and the ONLY way we can allow them to do this is by removing the ability to select any number > 1." ? As if 1 weren't already a subset of many. This is like if a grocery store decided to break up the produce section and move each type of fruit into its own isolated room -- so now you have to walk from room to room to get an idea of what's available. 

If you wanted to add the "zones" feature (e.g. sideline, endzone, corner), why not just add that on top of the already existing multi-select feature?

I applauded StubHub when they added the ability to view ticket prices with fees, because no other website had that feature (that I'm aware). That is an incredibly useful feature, and it is why I would always search StubHub first. This removal of the multi-select feature, however, is garbage. I'm not saying it is a total dealbreaker yet, but StubHub needs to know just how absurd it is. 

Rob1934
Backup Singer

I am using Chrome on my laptop and I cannot click on multiple sections or zones. 

Highlighted
hillkill
Umpire

Its still an issue for me as well. Its really hurting my ability to price/sell tickets but I think its that way for everyone. I was told via email I would have the ability to select multiple sections and I did for a week, now its gone. I've given up.

Moderator Moderator

Hey there, @hillkill!

We are so very sorry for the negative experience. We currently have turned off the ability to select multiple sections for all sellers across the board. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused & appreciated the feedback for future site features. 

hillkill
Umpire

I appreciate the response but it begs the question.... How does this improve the browsing experience?  I don't understand what benefit this provides? Perhaps I'm missing something..

ChiTickets
Stagehand

I would assume this was an AB test to see which performed better?  That would also explain some people seeing it sometimes and not at other times.

I have no idea, but I would assume to be turned on full time, this must have made more money that the other option (selecting multiple sections).  But, in this case, its so clearly a worse user experience.  The only way I could see this making more money is that it actually limits customers ability to browse for tickets effectively, and therefore makes them spend more money because they can't easily compare similar sections, etc.

Anyway, in my experience as both a buyer and a seller, this is a completely horrible experience.  I've pretty much stopped using any web version of the site and only use the app, since you can still select multiple sections.

hillkill
Umpire

Perhaps a Mod can elaborate on how this is supposed to make the search better? Am I missing something? A tool or a feature that makes this an improved experience? I'm looking for tickets and I have to select each section individually to find the best price/value but by the time I get done selecting them all I can't even remember what the best price was. Its almost maddening honestly.

Moderator Moderator

We truly appreciate the feedback and thoughts regarding this test. It does help us work through certain pain points with the site and helps us make improvements. We are very sorry for the frustrations regarding this process but please keep an eye out, as things are always constantly changing and evolving.