Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

Coronavirus Update

Updated March 24, 2020

Dear StubHub Community - 

Like all of us here at StubHub, I know that you are a fan of live experiences, whether it be sports, concerts, theatre or comedy. The current state of affairs – specifically the evolving situation due to COVID-19 (the novel coronavirus) – has likely led to questions about what happens if an event gets canceled or postponed.

I want to assure you that StubHub’s FanProtect Guarantee protects every purchase – the ticket you’ve purchased on our site will get you into the event or your money back. And StubHub’s award-winning customer service is on standby to help with any issues or concerns. 

If an event is canceled, you do not have to do anything. We will contact you. We are working with event organizers, leagues and partners around the world and will notify you by email as quickly as we can.

Additionally, the terms and conditions in StubHub’s buyer policy guarantee a full refund if an event is canceled. Given the unique circumstance surrounding coronavirus, we’re offering an alternative option: if an event is canceled, you have the option to receive a StubHub coupon, valued at 120% of your original purchase, so you can enjoy an event of your choosing in the future. Our FAQ below has more info about these policies.

We understand that this is a challenging time and are here to answer any questions you may have.  

Sukhinder - handwritten name.jpg

Sukhinder Singh Cassidy
President of StubHub

Buyer FAQs

Coupon for canceled events

How can I use my coupon?

We will give you a coupon worth 120% of your original order. It will be available in your account immediately after StubHub announces the cancellation (see list of major canceled events here). You can apply this coupon to one or multiple StubHub orders in the same currency within the next 12 months. Simply select the coupon at checkout when you place an order. 

Can I use my StubHub coupon for an event in another country?

You can use your coupon for events in the same currency it was issued in. It isn't valid for events in a different currency. 

Can I get a coupon if I decide not to go to an event due to the Coronavirus?

If the event is not canceled, unfortunately we cannot give you a coupon or refund. If you do not want to go to an event, you can easily resell your ticket on StubHub.

If the event is not canceled but the team, venue, or ticket company is offering refunds, can I get a coupon?

Unfortunately, we cannot give you a coupon or refund if the event is not canceled. You can easily resell your ticket on StubHub if you do not want to go to an event.

What if a sporting event is not canceled but it is played without spectators? 

If an event is played without public, the tickets will be canceled by the event organizer and StubHub will treat this event as a canceled event.

Events and travel

What are my other options if I don’t go to an event due to the Coronavirus?

What if I have tickets to multiple canceled events?

We will email you about each event that is canceled, and will add a coupon to your account for each order that is canceled.

Will StubHub reimburse my travel expenses?

StubHub will not reimburse you for travel expenses. However, many airlines, car rental companies, and hotels are helping customers due to the Coronavirus. Contact your travel company for more info.

What is the difference between a canceled and a postponed/rescheduled event?

When events are officially postponed or rescheduled, they still happen but on a different day than originally planned.

If the event is postponed to a future, undetermined date, we will email you as soon as the details are announced.

A canceled event is not rescheduled and doesn't happen.

Seller FAQs

What if I sold tickets for a canceled event?

If you were paid for the tickets, we will charge your credit card on file to reverse the transaction. Contact the original ticket company for a ticket refund.

What if I sold tickets to an event postponed due to the Coronavirus? 

You don’t need to do anything. The original ticket company will contact us with event details. We’ll then email the buyer. They can either attend the event or resell the ticket.

Why did the payment terms for sellers change from 5-8 days after tickets are delivered to 5-8 days after the event?

Our user agreement accounts for unusual circumstances such as the one we are currently facing (with the Coronavirus). The agreement provides that in certain cases, sellers will receive payment after the event has taken place.

Given the number of event cancelations resulting from the Coronavirus, we are working together with our sellers and buyers to provide solutions for our community. At this time we will be holding final payouts to sellers until after the event to protect sellers from the frustration of last-minute cancelations and refunds to StubHub.