cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

eBay announced the sale of the StubHub business to Viagogo

“eBay announced the sale of the StubHub business to Viagogo. It’s an exciting new chapter for the company. Coming together with Viagogo will offer fans many more opportunities to attend events they would otherwise have missed out on.” 

Q: Who is purchasing StubHub?

A: Viagogo. Viagogo is a leading worldwide ticket marketplace for live sport, music and entertainment events. Both viagogo and StubHub provide fans with transparency, choice and competitive prices for tickets and do so in a trusted and secure environment with fan-protect guarantees. Combined, these complementary marketplaces will sell hundreds of thousands of tickets daily across more than 70 countries, giving fans seamless access to a wider selection of inventory around the world, while sellers, teams and artists will have the ability to more effectively reach a broader global audience. 

Q: What will this ownership change mean for StubHub customers?

A: The strategic partnership between StubHub and viagogo will offer fans many more opportunities to attend events that they would otherwise have missed out on. Sports, music and theatre fans will gain even more options to a wider selection of live events tickets across the world. And StubHub sellers will be able to reach an even broader global audience of buyers. 

1. Are my tickets still valid?
  2. Yes, your tickets are still valid.

1. Will I still get my tickets?
  2. Yes, we will work with the seller to deliver your tickets.

1. Is StubHub changing its name?
  2. No decision has been made about the name.

1. Will my StubBucks/credits/promo code still be valid?
  2. There is no change right now.

1. Will Gift Cards bought on eBay still be valid?
  2. Yes, you can use your gift cards. If that changes in the future, we will share information in advance.

Q:  Will two separate brands be maintained or will the brands be rolled into one? 

A:  No decision has been made about how we’ll operate or the brands. What we do know is that eBay has signed a definitive agreement with Viagogo to create a strategic partnership of two companies to form a global live experiences marketplace.

Q:  Will StubHub still operate as its own company under new ownership?  

1. There are no changes to how we operate. It’s business as usual right now.

Q: Will payments still come through the same way?  

1. Yes, there are no changes to payments. 

Q: Will I still be paid just as fast as I always have? 

1. Yes, there are no changes right now. 

1. If StubHub combines with a competitor, what will happen to my current sell fees? Will they go up? 

A: There are no changes to our pricing structure or fees. 

1. What will happen to my Top Seller Rep? Who will I contact?   
  2. There are no changes to your point of contact right now. 

Q:  What happens to Ticket Utils? 

1. Ticket Utils remains part of StubHub. 

Q: Will I continue to use StubHub's API Developer Portal if SH is under new ownership or combined with a competitor? 

1. There are no changes to the Developer Portal at this time. 

Q:  If StubHub maintains its own website, will buyer fees change? 

A:  There are no changes to our pricing structure or fees. 

Q:  How long will it take before StubHub is "officially" separated from eBay? 

1. We expect the deal to close in the first quarter of 2020. 

Q:  Will StubHub still be integrated with MLB, NCAA, etc?

1. Yes, our partnerships are unchanged by this announcement.

Q:  Will StubHub continue to take supply positions under new ownership? 

1. Yes, StubHub will continue to partner with select teams or artists to buy and resell a portion of a partner’s ticket inventory. Although it represents a small portion of our business, it’s what some of our partners are asking for to fill venues and get more fans to more events.
Community Log-In Changes May 1st