cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcswanson1
New User

Beware - Stub Hubs Fan Protect Guarantee Has Loop Holes

Here is my experience.  I am still waiting for a reply to two emails to customer service.

On Monday 9/16, I had an abysmal experience with Stub Hub.  Firstly, you sent me tickets inferior to what I purchased and secondly, you provided unacceptable customer service.  I am writing this letter to demand a full refund ($2,017.23) or you will lose a 17-year customer.

Background

On 9/15/24,I purchased tickets from Stub Hub for the 9/16/24 Falcons/Eagles game.  The order number was 543859038 for Seats 4-6 in Row 6 of section C1.  The seats I selected and purchased were in the front row of the section between the 40 and 50 yard line. I paid $2,017.23.  This price included $529.65 in fees collected by Stub Hub.

On Monday afternoon, while we were driving into the Philadelphia area for the game, I received notification that my tickets were available.  I accepted the tickets and shared them with my 2 friends.  In the app, there was no indication that these seats were different then what I purchased.

About an hour later, as we were checking into a hotel adjacent to the stadium, I saw a separate email from Stub Hub saying my “original tickets were unavailable but we were able to find you upgraded tickets instead!”  The new tickets were on order 543910889 for seats Seat 8-10 in Row 14 of Section 117.  These seats were in the lower bowl at around the 10-15 yard line.

When I realized the switch I immediately called Stub Hub — a call that lasted 48 minutes — and received no satisfaction.  

Half of my call with Stub Hub was me waiting while the agent researched the issue to determine that the venue exchanged my tickets with the other tickets that were deemed to be an upgrade.  

The seats we received were not an upgrade from the seats we purchased.

• We purchased Club Level Premium Seats (not seats in the lower bowl) for the premium viewing angles one get at a high angle and at the 40-45 yard line.  The seats we received were at the 10-15 yard line.
  • We purchased seats in the front row of the section so our view was unobstructed.  The seats we received were obstructed by standing fans for the majority of the game.  One of the people who attended the game with me has bad knee and can not get up to watch the game.
  • We purchased Club Level Premium Seats (not seats in the lower bowl) for easier access to amenities like bathrooms and food.  We were 30 rows from the concession stands in the crowded lower bowl.

No reasonable person believes the tickets we received were better than the ones I selected and purchased.  

I Received none of the benefits you spout in your fan protect agreement.

• The 2nd half of my call was trying to get a resolution for the dissatisfaction I received with my Stub Hub transaction.
  • I was told repeatedly that Stub Hub could do nothing about this issue because the venue decided they sent me better seats.
  • Your fan protect talks about Buy and Sell with Confidence, Customer Service all the way to the Seat, and Every Order is 100% Guaranteed.
  • I got none of this.
  • I asked for better seats.  He said he couldn’t do this.
  • I asked for a supervisor, multiple times.  He said he could not find one.
  • After asking for anyone who could help me be satisfied, the agent asked me to go online read the global agreement online to show me that the FanProtect was no longer valid because the venue changed the tickets.

This response was insulting, frustrating, and unacceptable.  

I have used Stub Hub for 17 years.  I will no longer use Stub Hub unless I receive a cash refund for every penny of my $2017.23.

SIncerely,

Peter Swanson

2 REPLIES 2
bossfan
Olympian

Re: Beware - Stub Hubs Fan Protect Guarantee Has Loop Holes

You are not going to get a refund so I guess you have become a former customer.

It is possible that lower level seats would be considered an upgrade from upper level seats, regardless of the upper level being first row or club.  I agree that to me club seats are better but location wise lower level is usually considered to be an upgrade. 

philliesfan1
Stagehand

Re: Beware - Stub Hubs Fan Protect Guarantee Has Loop Holes

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Community Log-In Changes May 1st
We are changing the way you register and sign-in to the StubHub Community. After the switch, you will enter the email address you use to access the community in order to reset your password. You will enter your community username and new password and done!

Read about the changes here