cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdm2000usa
New User

100% Seller Charge for Non-Transferable Tickets

Stubhub allowed me to sell tickets to a buyer that were non-transferrable.  Admittedly, this was partially my mistake, but Stubhub also let the sale happen even though it was public knowledge that GA tickets are non-transferable for this concert.

So the tickets were sold for around $2000.  I made repeated attempts to tell Stubhub that I would not be able to deliver the tickets and they didn't really have any suggestions.  Finally, about a day before the event, they canceled the sale.  Obviously, I never received funds from the sale.

I expected a 10% charge for the canceled sale, but they ended up charging me the entire ticket list price of about $2000.  

If you add it all up, I'm out $2K, Stubhub profits $2K, and the buyer breaks even.  How is this legal?  Even if they refunded the customer their money, how do they get to charge me for the entire listed price of the tickets?  This is a 100% penalty charge, which to me is fraudulent.

I asked customer service for clarification and they said they were holding the funds to find the buyer other tickets.  But this ticket sale was for the last show so I know there is no replacement option.  They had to have refunded the money to the buyer.  I received no other notices about this.

Has anyone run into this?  Any suggestions?

Community Log-In Changes May 1st
We are changing the way you register and sign-in to the StubHub Community. After the switch, you will enter the email address you use to access the community in order to reset your password. You will enter your community username and new password and done!

Read about the changes here