cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MitchD
Stagehand

Pre uploading from Seat Geek to Stub Hub not working AND stub hub does not return any calls

this is the 4th time I have posted if anyone else has trouble preuploading seat geek tickets to stub hub?

I have called 5 times and have spoken to 2 supervisors who have promised the issue is escalated and will call back within 24-48 hours.  

THEY HAVE NOT CALLED BACK AND THE FEATURE STILL DOES NOT WORK. SO ONLY BROKERS CAN SELL TICKETS WITHIN 4 HOURS OF GAME TIME.  

is there a class action that can be considered?

4 REPLIES 4
Melpik
Legend

Re: Pre uploading from Seat Geek to Stub Hub not working AND stub hub does not return any calls

Hi @MitchD 

For mobile transfer, unless you are able to automatically transfer the tickets, only top sellers are allowed to sell within 4 hrs of the event.  For events with barcodes or for which the listing is connected to a season ticket holder account, sellers can sell up until game time and in many instances past the start of the game.

MitchD
Stagehand

Re: Pre uploading from Seat Geek to Stub Hub not working AND stub hub does not return any calls

Thanks for replying but up even if what you say is correct (as has not been the case until a week ago); I can not even preupload tickets now for a January game.  I had no problem preuploading an exhibition game prior to last weekend.

It seems like a glitch in stub hub talking to Seat geek but unwillingness to investigate expeditiously...which makes no sense because they lose the sale

again, appreciate your time

ekralc59
Rookie

Hi

I am a top seller and have been with stub hub for over 20 years so seen it all.

In early September i listed my games for October instant download was no problem and working fine.

Then in the first week of October I tried to list my November games instant download and it is not working. I to have placed four phone calls to reps in the TOP SELLER department and as of yet no response they simply say they are ESCALATING the issue, but nothing gets done.

I will most likely delete my listings and list them on Seat Geek for they will sell your ticket up until the event or game is FINISHED.

MY BEST ADVICE IS TO EMAIL THE CEO OF STUBHUB MR, ERIC BAKER BECAUSE THE ONLY WAY THE IDIOTS BELOW UNDERSTAND IS WHEN THEY HEAR FROM A HIGHER AUTHORITY. Also, a public blog stating Seat Geek taking large share of StubHub business sales due to lack of customer service. That might crab some attention.

MitchD
Stagehand

This has been the best response I’ve received and is consistent with other problems that Stub Hub creates (not only this matter) and then intentionally does not respond to until they are threatened with consumer action aimed towards their C level suite or in the case of what happened last year consistent threats to their legal department because they were committing actual theft (marketing offers to waive fees in certain ticket sales but payment is made after subtracting these same “waived” fees-if u didn’t have the perseverance to chase them 6 times in each sale, stub hub got you to sell on their platform under misleading terms)

Honestly, I think at Stub Hub one hand does not know what the other hand is doing. And what is worse is that once they know they have an issue, they intentionally choose not too investigate. I would agree with you that anyone who is reading these type of postings will use StubHub use stub as a platform of last resort. I am surprised Stub Hub does not want to address this since a fix brings money into their business whereas now no action will take money out of their pocket (for example what I see now is there are one or two instant download tickets per game and like yours they were probably listed before the changes were made purposely or not nearly a month ago-prior to the (inadvertent ) change there were a lot of pre uploaded seats “instant download”). With any luck, maybe there is somebody at Stub Hub who feels the right thing to do is to escalate from the inside while we try to push from the outside.

I do like your idea of trying to reach the CEO however, I get put back into the circle of dealing with the first level customer support people which means I need to invest an additional hour to re-explain the problem before I can get to a supervisor who promises to call back within 24 to 48 hours And invariably never does.

While you and I are probably very small sellers in their overall market, I wonder in order to get attention. We need to bring this lack of action to the media attention. I know this happened already with John Oliver, as well as I believe other similar type broadcasts

Let’s keep up the good fight. We are only trying to comply with stub hubs own rules and guidelines
Community Log-In Changes May 1st
We are changing the way you register and sign-in to the StubHub Community. After the switch, you will enter the email address you use to access the community in order to reset your password. You will enter your community username and new password and done!

Read about the changes here