cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
copete77
Waterboy

Nervous about buyer email - sounds like maybe a scam?

Hi there! I just sold 2 tickets to an event we couldn't find friends to go with to, but the buyer's email seems a bit shady to me and it makes me nervous it's some sort of scam and I'm going to end up losing the tickets without a payout somehow? 

The buyer email is just a first name followed by a last initial and then lots of numbers @rocketposter.com

I've just never heard of rocketposter.com before and anything I google doesn't say much besides some ticket resale business on eBay with a Facebook page that has a most recent post from the year 2012...

Does this seem safe to you to transfer my tickets to this person? Is there even a risk to me? I have a long-term account and have sold tickets on StubHub a small handful of times if I ever can't make an event.

Thanks all!

4 REPLIES 4
Melpik
Legend

Re: Nervous about buyer email - sounds like maybe a scam?

HI @copete77 

By any chance do the numbers int he email match your order number?  If so the email may belong to Stubhub.  You can try calling Stubhub 866-788-2482 and veryfying the email.  At the end of the day you may not have much choice.  If you dont deliver the tickets stubhub will charge you a penalty.

copete77
Waterboy

There are 12 digits for the numbers in the email, and yes you are correct, the last 9 match the order number. Is the order number available to the public? Like would this person have been able to create this email knowing what the order number was?

copete77
Waterboy

There are 12 digits for the numbers in the email, and yes you are correct, the last 9 match the order number. Is the order number available to the public? Like would this person have been able to create this email knowing what the order number was?

copete77
Waterboy

Thanks - I called StubHub. They confirmed it's their email they provided the buyer for privacy reasons. All completed on my end now. Cheers!

Community Log-In Changes May 1st
We are changing the way you register and sign-in to the StubHub Community. After the switch, you will enter the email address you use to access the community in order to reset your password. You will enter your community username and new password and done!

Read about the changes here